October 1st marked World Vegetarian Day, did you celebrate? Vegetarian diets have been linked to decreased risk or cardiovascular diseases and cancers. Grain and plant based food production are also better for the environment compared to animal based because it saves water, preserves land, and decreases greenhouse gas emissions. For more information click the photo above
Here are 5 ways to incorporate more plants foods in your day:
1. Stir fried vegetables in a savory sauce with steamed rice or cooked noodles.
2. Nuts and coconut chips (Dang brand is my favorite).
3. Hummus and fresh vegetables (carrot sticks, celery, bell peppers).
4. Hot cereal with fresh fruits and/or nuts.
5. Smoothie with almond milk.