Summer is the season of State fairs, carnivals, and festivals. The food choices at these events may not be the best, but you can make better choices by following the tips below:
1. Avoid deep fried anything! Deep fried foods are obviously full of fat, but they are also often full of added sugar as well (queue the deep fried twinkies and oreos).
2. Sharing is caring: Instead of eating that whole funnel cake with all those extra toppings on your own, cut the calories by sharing with your family or buddies.
3. Bring your own food and drinks: You can save some cash and you will know exactly what you are consuming.
4. Balance it out: If you do decide to indulge in a giant turkey leg, a mountian of curly fries, or any other high-calorie food item, pair it with water (which will keep you hydrated) or a drink that is not high in empty calories (added sugar and saturated fat).
5. If you have the choice between small medium and large sizes of food or drink items, choose the smallest option (unless you plan to share!)
Enjoy the fairs, carnivals, and festivals this summer season with these tips in mind!