According to the CDC, the 5 key health-related behaviors for preventing chronic disease are:
- never smoking (cigarettes in particular)
- getting regular physical activity
- consuming no alcohol or only moderate amounts
- maintaining a normal body weight
- getting enough sleep daily (at least 7 hours)
Recent studies have shown that most Americans do not meet the above recommendations which may increase their risk of developing chronic diseases like diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease, obesity, and cancers.
Are you following the above recommendations? If so, great!
If not, what realistic improvements can you make to prevent your risk of developiing chronic diseases?
Read about the study by clicking the photo